Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Setting Up the Shot - Tim Riley



Last week I had the chance to shoot with Tim Riley again. We have shot together many times over the years and it was a blast yet again.

Here is one of my favorites from the shoot along with a set up schematic after the jump...




Camera - Nikon D300
Lens - Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S
Exposure - 1/250 @ f/7.1
Focal Length - 50mm

Lighting - LP160
Light Modifier(s) - Rogue XL Pro FlashBender with Soft Box Attachment
Trigger - Pixel Opas

We shot this in a radio station conference room with a single light source. I put a Rogue XL Pro FlashBender with Soft Box Attachment on a LP160 and then used a Nasty Clamp to mount the flash and modifier to a rolling office chair.

Tim sat down at the conference table and leaned into the shot. I then took the chair with the flash mounted to it and rolled it into position to camera right. I kept the light down a bit lower than I normally do as I wanted to give some edge to the shot and to get rapid light fall off on the opposite side of his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment