Monday, October 8, 2012

LumoPro LP160 - This flash should come with a cape!



I have often talked about how much I love the LumoPro LP160 for its dependability and its durability. Once again it has not let me down.


The other day I was shooting with a small octobox out on location. There was no real wind in the area and since I was not using an umbrella I was not thinking all that much about the wind tipping over the stand. But as it would go a gust of wind came and down went my softbox and stand. The set landed right on my flash and trigger.

The stand went down hard and I thought the flash was a goner for sure. I did not have the time to tinker with the unit right after it fell as I needed to finish out the shoot. I changed out the flash with another and completed shooting.

Later on once I was home and the dust had settled I was able to get back to the fallen unit and check it out. I cleaned of my trusty LumoPro LP160 and replaced the batteries for good measure. I then hooked it up to a trigger and gave it a go. The LP160 was back up and running with only some cosmetic damage to the housing, or a few character marks as I like to think about it.

Now this is the second time that I thought I lost one of my LP160s to a gust of wind and this is the second time that I was wrong. I have said it before and I will continue to say it until it is no longer true: The LumoPro LP160 is one hell of a flash and it has never let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment